Royal VinohradyCC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Royal VinohradyCC

Prague's Regal Cricket Club

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????

Go down 
+3
TimHort
jezb
scott page
7 posters
AuthorMessage
scott page

scott page

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Empty
PostSubject: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 5:53 pm

See the invite i have accepted below, im looking to fill a team from the Bohemians and Vinohrady to tour and win this tournament. Put you name down here if you want to go.

Hi Scott,

We had the meeting I was talking about and definitely want a Czech team to participate. I'll send details later, but I can tell you it will be an 8-a-side tournament on the 25th & 26th of August in Winterthur (near Zurich). We will arrange good cheap accomodation and will keep the costs as low as possible. If all goes according to plan the following teams will be present:

Winterthur CC (Switzerland)
Idle CC (Lodi, Italy)
Fribourg CC (Germany)
Cossonay (French part of Switzerland)
The Latvians
Yourselves if you accept the invitation.

Czech airlines have cheap flights between Prague - Zurich, or one can even consider driving like Boris always does.

Let me know as soon as possible if a team intends to attend and don't worry if it's only 6 or 7 players as we can always arrange a guest player.

All the Best
John
Back to top Go down
jezb

jezb

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 11:41 pm

I'd be up for that!
Back to top Go down
TimHort

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2007 1:12 pm

Would like to go, but the missus is just about to drop then, so I'll have to wait until the next one. The tour of course.
Back to top Go down
Abs

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 3:22 am

I should be good for it...
Back to top Go down
gboy

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: am in   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2007 4:00 pm

well up for it..have already booked my flight back to prague especially..its my dream to represent the vinos at the highest level- playing cricket on a very large swiss mountain!
Back to top Go down
scott page

scott page

PostSubject: more on the tour   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 1:58 pm

For those who want to camp, hostel or hotel, let me know at training what you prefer to do. I think we can hire 2 cars for the weekend(4days) and get the club to pay some of the costs involved.

Scott,

To answer some of your questions: Entrance fee is 100 Swiss Francs (100 CHF = 1'721.00 CZK). This covers 2 x lunch for teams of 8, ground fees, balls, officials etc. I'll arrange to get the rules sent out ASAP, but it is 8 a side and I think everybody has to bowl except the wicket-keeper. Can't remember how many overs per team.

All the Best
John
Back to top Go down
Mik Stary

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2007 5:12 pm

I'd really like to come, but it all depends on how much its gonna cost... Afterall I'm only a poor student Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Martin

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 11:11 am

Wish I could come but I'll be getting pissed in Ireland at my mates wedding that weekend. Maybe next year...
Back to top Go down
scott page

scott page

PostSubject: the team looks like this, so far...one more needed   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 1:32 pm

Mik...........poor student, not too bad at keeping
Scott........poor aussie, rubbish at keeping
Gaj..........poor excuse as a doctor, keeps and eats all he can
Jeremy.....poor englishman, keeps hoping for runs
Abs..........poor pick up line, keeps trying though
Javed.......poor captain of bohemians, keeps winning
Shar........poor run up, cant keep a straight line

so we need one more, and we have a team, for a 12 over a side game, even this bunch should survive that long.

PS javed has a car, anyone else has one we can use/share, and no hugo, we dont want the ol landie this time..thanks
Back to top Go down
jezb

jezb

PostSubject: Re: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 5:25 pm

I could probably take my car too, to keep overall costs down. Volvo estate with plenty of room for kit. Should secure my place in the touring party even if my runs don't! Mind you, I haven't checked how far it is yet - might need a (responsible) volunteer to help with the driving. Do we have anyone responsible?
Back to top Go down
Abs

PostSubject: Re: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2007 6:11 pm

I can drive !

oh shit .. I didnt see responsible ! elephant
Back to top Go down
scott page

scott page

PostSubject: JEREMY HAS BOOKED HIS PLACE IN THE SIDE !!!   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2007 12:24 am

yes, drivers get special batting time i think. I have a license too. mik does, but we wont let him near the wheel. its 664km to get there, about 06h21min if you go by this link..... ADD PRAHA INSTEAD OF CENTRUM TO THE START DESTINATION........ http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/dyn/controller/ItiWGPerformPage?reinit=1&strStartCityCountry=1694&strStartAddress=centrum&strStartMerged=&strDestCityCountry=185&strDestAddress=winterthur&strDestMerged=&image2.x=37&image2.y=10

the only question is, where do we leave Gaj, pissed on the way home???

apparently road costs are...(and divided by 4 in each car)

Costs 102.56 EUR
Petrol costs: 61.26 EUR
Road tax cost: 41.30 EUR TOTAL 1 WAY 102.56 EUR= 2,900.23 CZK so about 750 a person, so thats each way !! plus hostel, about 700Kc a night X two nights . unless you camp at the ground.

Memories of leaving Gaj , pissed at a truck stop...PRICELESS !!!!!
Back to top Go down
gboy

PostSubject: flights?   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2007 10:39 am

are we going ahead with just driving or does anyone fancy taking the silver bird (thats a plane, scott not one of your geriatric birds from lucerna)
Back to top Go down
jezb

jezb

PostSubject: Re: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2007 5:46 pm

I'd prefer to fly (if my car's not needed!).

Is this suggestion related to the fact that Scott wants to leave you in a layby somewhere ?
Back to top Go down
gboy

PostSubject: travel to switz?   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:10 pm

just been down at florenc bus station..we can get a return bus ticket overnight for around 2000kc to zurich leaving at midnight getting in at 10am approx.

less for students.

just a thought as well as the flight, car etc.. though its 10hours in a coach!

is anyone making travel plans already? jezza?
Back to top Go down
jezb

jezb

PostSubject: Re: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2007 3:54 pm

Not yet, just seeing what the consensus is on the best/quickest/cheapest/most-comfortable method of travel for all of us. I think travelling by car we'd have to allow an extra day either side and make a relaxed road-trip out of it with a few stops on the way at "interesting" locations (eg. pubs, breweries, or maybe not if I'm driving): could be an experience!, but it depends whether people can get the extra time off work/studies/wife/whatever. Overnight coach sounds a good cheap alternative if the extra time off can't be found though!
Back to top Go down
gboy

PostSubject: bookings   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 7:56 pm

either way i think somethings gotta be booked and im going back to england on the 28th so i will want my transport booked before-im going for either flight or overnight bus so if anyone is wanting to book it together that would be good...
Back to top Go down
Abs

PostSubject: Re: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 4:41 pm

Sorry lads.... gonna have to pull out of this one ....
Got a mate's wedding in Austria and he's promised to hook me up with is mother in law....!
How can I refuse !
Back to top Go down
jezb

jezb

PostSubject: Re: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 4:45 pm

Make sure you do pull out in time then Shocked

There goes my driver, looks like coach or plane then!
Back to top Go down
jezb

jezb

PostSubject: Re: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2007 11:11 am

Me and g-boy are thinking of flying to Swissland now, and want to book soon before the prices start escalating. Is anyone else in? Will it upset others plans if I don't take my car?

Come on boys we need to get organised for this !!
Back to top Go down
scott page

scott page

PostSubject: gaj to be tour manager   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 10:52 pm

In keeping with the long time Vinohrady tradition, of giving out jobs when your off for a piss, or pissed, or both...i have self elected Gaj, as tour manager for the swiss trip. Especially as all he,s doing in London is looking up old ladies hairy legs!!!

This weekend, i will collect from all players, a team fee that will cover the entrance fee(see below) plus a deposit on the accommodation. ...........of 550Kc each. Anyone who wants to camp at the ground, is also welcome to , but i think we all should stay together. As the future winning team should do.!!

" Entrance fee is 100 Swiss Francs, but my currency conversion was wrong (100 CHF = 1'721.00 CZK). This covers 2 x lunch for teams of 8, ground fees, balls, officials etc. I'll arrange to get the rules sent out ASAP, but it is 8 a side and I think everybody has to bowl except the wicket-keeper. Can't remember how many overs per team."

for more info on the tour, please talk to me saturday

scott
720-312457

will Damo and Brian also, confirm their desire to go, as our support team.
Back to top Go down
scott page

scott page

PostSubject: gaj to be tour manager   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2007 11:09 pm

In keeping with the long time Vinohrady tradition, of giving out jobs when your off for a piss, or pissed, or both...i have self elected Gaj, as tour manager for the swiss trip. Especially as all he,s doing in London is looking up old ladies hairy legs!!!

This weekend, i will collect from all players, a team fee that will cover the entrance fee(see below) plus a deposit on the accommodation. ...........of 550Kc each. Anyone who wants to camp at the ground, is also welcome to , but i think we all should stay together. As the future winning team should do.!!

" Entrance fee is 100 Swiss Francs, but my currency conversion was wrong (100 CHF = 1'721.00 CZK). This covers 2 x lunch for teams of 8, ground fees, balls, officials etc. I'll arrange to get the rules sent out ASAP, but it is 8 a side and I think everybody has to bowl except the wicket-keeper. Can't remember how many overs per team."

for more info on the tour, please talk to me saturday

scott
720-312457

will Damo and Brian also, confirm their desire to go, as our support team.
Back to top Go down
jezb

jezb

PostSubject: Flights   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2007 4:11 pm

OK me and Gaj are going by Easyjet to Basle (1 hr 20 mins), then train (1.5 hrs) to Winterthur. Flight there on Friday 24th and back on Monday 27th is just 2628 Kc (not sure about train prices tho).

Only problem is flight back on Monday is at 11.30am (there's only one flight per day), so we'll have to leave Winterthur at 8am at the latest (even assuming there's a train at the right time), not ideal if we are celebrating late into Sunday night on our magnificent tournament victory! But at least we'll be back in Prague by 1pm, and not facing a 6 to 8-hour drive or bus ride.

Anyone else interested book soon while flights are still available.
Back to top Go down
scott page

scott page

PostSubject: swiss tour hotel bookings.......   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:02 pm

Lads, the hosts at Winterthur have kindly booked for us 10 beds, for friday and saturday nights.

WE DO NEED TO SEND THEM A DEPOSIT, WHICH WILL COVER PART HOTEL, AND PART TOURNAMENT FEE. (100 SWISS francs)

I have paid...
jeremy has paid....
gaj O/S so will pay there....
Javed ?
Alister?
Mik?
Roy?
Shar?Ateeq? raj?...who is going? i dont know yet.....
Damo?
Brian?

I NEED EVERYONE WHO IS GOING TO PAY 500KC TO ME ASAP PLEASE.......

it still looks like we will need two cars. Javed has one, Roy may have one, and Brian said he has one. We need to make sure both are full of Czech beer before we leave Prague.

reply to info@praguebohemianscc.cz please
Back to top Go down
jezb

jezb

PostSubject: Re: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Need a bed for Sunday night too! But if the guys going by car are heading back on Sunday anyway, it may be better for those of us flying to stay Sunday night in or closer to Basle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????   Are you coming on tour to switzerland  25th ausust ????????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you coming on tour to switzerland 25th ausust ?????????
Page 1 of 1